[ Better H App ] – Healthcare(2019)

Screen Shot 2019-04-04 at 1.38.13 PM.png

Target Group: Healthcare services’ internal employees and patients

App Platform: Mobile App

Duration: Three days

Role: Product/UI/UX Designer

01 – Background Contextual Inquiry

Nowadays more and more people rely on their mobile devices to help them simplify their daily life. There are over 318,000 mobile health apps worldwide – with more than 200 apps being added each day.

Track physiological states, workout and diet have been the focus of key mobile health app market players for a long time. Emergency treatment knowledge and emergency medical aid are parts of the health care system that is rarely thought. However, sudden illness should not be overlooked in the health app market. For example, stroke kills approximately 140,000 people per year in the United States, and while heart disease kills more than 600,000.

02 – Competitive Analysis

According top 20 health medical Apps, most of  Health App to help monitor people’s health conditions and nutrition levels. There are a large number of incomplete function, low quality and poorly designed health App that remain in the marketplace.

Approximately 85% of health apps in the market today are for wellness, designed to be used primarily by the consumer, and the remaining 15% are medical, designed to be used by physicians (Business Insider).


03 – Research Method

(Quantitative Research – Questionnaire)

Screen Shot 2019-04-04 at 1.43.15 PM.png

Screen Shot 2019-04-04 at 1.44.40 PM.png

(Qualitative Research – Interview)


04 – Brainstorming



Screen Shot 2019-04-04 at 1.55.40 PM.png

05 – Personas

According to the qualitative and quantitative researches, three personas and stories for each persona was built in a different scenario to come up with possible design needs from different users’ perspectives to support the design solutions.




06 – Scenarios

Screen Shot 2019-04-04 at 1.58.52 PM.png

Screen Shot 2019-04-04 at 1.58.59 PM.png

Screen Shot 2019-04-04 at 1.59.12 PM.png

07 – Design Solution

The storyboard gives patient and Healthcare service employees needs to come up problem solution as well. In the case study, through the storyboard that relates with few different personas, there are three concepts and solutions for this project was come up.


08 – Wireframe


09 – User Flow

User flow.jpg

User flow Copy.jpg

10 – Mockups

Screen Shot 2019-04-04 at 2.09.53 PM.png

Screen Shot 2019-04-04 at 2.10.11 PM.png

Screen Shot 2019-04-04 at 2.10.35 PM.png

Screen Shot 2019-04-04 at 2.10.44 PM.png

11 – Introduction

Screen Shot 2019-04-04 at 2.12.15 PM.png

12 – Final Design with Highlight Feature

(Feature 1 – One Button Appointment)

Screen Shot 2019-04-04 at 2.13.57 PM.png

Screen Shot 2019-04-04 at 2.14.30 PM.png

Screen Shot 2019-04-04 at 2.14.51 PM.png

(Feature 2 – Emergency Treatment and Aid)

Screen Shot 2019-04-04 at 2.15.41 PM.pngScreen Shot 2019-04-04 at 2.15.51 PM.png

(Other Features)

Screen Shot 2019-04-04 at 2.16.44 PM.png

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s