Role: Branding Designer
• Downsizing of kid’s food to help parents and kids realize the harms of overeating; contributes to the balance of nutrition and quantity for snacks intake.
The following objectives
• Redesign the original packaging to achieve purposes of downsizing.
• To Find the suitable portion size and the calories of snack for children between 1-5.
• To find a way to promotes kids control intake and get in a good dietary habits.
• To Helps kids to realize overeating chocolates will causes tooth cavities.
• To find the suitable materials to build new packaging.
• By combining with the chocolate and the teeth to help children downsize the food, mainly because overeating chocolate is harmful to the teeth.
• In this package, every tooth represents one chocolate bar that contains about 8.67cal. When children eat one chocolate bar, it means the cartoon character will lack one “tooth”, by showing this condition, probably children can realize that they cannot eat more chocolate.
• A finger chocolate bar is divided into six parts.
• The whole package totally has twelve “teeth”.
• White coat will put on the each teeth
• Children eat the chocolate bar by snaping the coat of the chocolate.
• This idea is inspired by the usb package
• Considering the environmental issue, the material of the coat is the paperboard.
• There is a selection of images that children can read and think.
• By cartoon’s form to guide the children the potion size of the food, in addition, this form is more persuasive.
Final Outcome Prototype
Team work by: Hui Yang, Qianwei Shen, Huan He